Veggiemuse Travel Blog

Veggiemuse Travel Blog

Sunday, July 3, 2011

MSC Spendida - A Few Pre-Cruise Travel Tips


If you are traveling to Europe from the US and if it is possible in your schedule/budget I highly recommend that you arrive a few days prior to sailing to adjust to the time change. We gave ourselves 4 days to visit some friends and adjust. It really helped us enjoy the entire cruise from day 1. We got on the ship rested and ready to go.

Knowing we would be on several flights for long periods of time I decided to invest a little time and energy in finding a good travel pillow and not just pick up one at the airport. Boy was this a great use of my time! I highly recommend the “Core” travel pillow from Core Products…you can Google them. It was the most comfortable pillow I have ever used. I used it for the entire flight and arrived with no stiff neck after sleeping most of it. Worth every penny! And it slid into my carry-on. It is filled with that memory foam and not the little beads.

For the ladies, I also recommend a lightweight Pashmina type wrap. I can’t use wool so mine is made from natural fibers. It rolled up and fit in my purse but was great to lay over me when it was chilly on the plane. I used it everyday on the trip…as a scarf, a shoulder wrap, to block the wind, a blanket…a small thing…but very useful.

Allergies: My son and I have several food allergies…including everyday foods like wheat and eggs. I was a little concerned about the language barrier and being able to order food that is safe for us. I found a website (https://www.allergytranslation.com/Home/home.php) where you can purchase custom food allergy translation cards. You check off your allergic foods and the languages for where you will be visiting, pay online and then receive it instantly. I printed them out and had them laminated. I only needed to use them a few times and our allergies aren’t severe…but something like this might come in handy for anyone on a special diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment